PUBG PC Update 7.1 is now accessible on the test server bringing new changes for Vikendi map and other content, together with some new features, improvements, as well as bug fixes, to better the gameplay. All hardcore fans of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds PC are recommended to catch up with PUBG PC new updates because the game is still in an evolvement stage in order to make the experience of all gamers the best possible.
To make this latest PUBG PC update much more plentiful, there have been also extra updates released on April 16, April 20, and April 22. You can have a look at it before getting to know all details about patch notes 7.1 focusing on Vikendi changes and new content.
PUBG PC Update April 22
- Made solutions to various situations in which players would take unexpected damaged while riding a Train
- Made a fix to an issue in which players got damaged after jumping into each other.
- Made a fix to an issue on PUBG Karakin map in which the visual state of a destructible wall or floor could be different from player to player.
- Made a fix to an issue in which players could get to an unintended area using vault within the gym at Pecado on PUBG Miramar map.
- Made a fix to an issue in which bullets could get through some walls at a very long range because of a change in LOD.
- Made a fix to an issue that made auto shooting mode change to single after a grenade has been thrown in Team Deathmatch.
- Made a fix to an issue that made a water splashing sound play when a player left a boat, Aquarail or BRDM on land.
- Made a fix to an issue that could make many map waypoints from the same player continue to be visible.
PUBG PC Update April 20
- Now, when a player throws a Sticky Bomb, an arming sound will be created.
- Made a fix to an issue that stopped Sticky Bombs from dishing out damage when multiple of them were piled up on top of each other.
PUBG PC Update April 16
Here’s an extra update released on April 16:
- Made an improvement to FPS hitching issues by bettering the memory allocation logic together with more improvements for some particular PC configurations.
- Made a fix to a casual client crashing issue when scrubbing replay timelines.
What’s new in PUBG PC Patch Notes Update 7.1?
The return of Vikendi
When the PUBG Karakin map was released in PUBG Season 6, the development team decided to stop bringing Vikendi map to the game. Throughout that time, they have been working very hard to make sure the snowy map of PUBG becomes much better and more special. As soon as the developers were close to the completion, they collected a little more feedback and made changes to the map after the PUBG Partner test last month. Now is the time to say that Vikendi is ready to return to the battleground in this update 7.1.
Vikendi has received a few changes since you last saw it. An update has been carried out for terrain, snow levels, cities, and landmarks, together with a multi-track railway system that helps players move through the island more easily. Also, the quaint Dino Park was changed into Dinoland – the Prehistoric Park of the Future.
Vikendi is back to the battleground in PUBG PC 7.1
Vikendi is now much better than ever when it comes with updated landmarks, trains, a small change in season.
- Now, the map features trains that can be found moving along various tracks throughout Vikendi.
- You will see a big train line extending along the perimeter of Vikendi, together with 6 linked tracks towards the island areas of the island.
- Trains will stop temporary at train stations throughout the map.
- The amount of snow cover has been reduced.
- There was a more reduction in the snow cover on the Southern areas of the island.
- Eliminated Snowbikes and Snowmobiles.
- Instead, players will find Motorcycle and Motorcycle with sidecar. These vehicles have become more versatile for the updated terrain.
- There are two options for the weather, which is either Clear or Snowy.
- Moonlight has been eliminated from the battleground, but now it will come back with visual improvements at a later date.
- Make some optimizations for the general map.
- The updated Vikendi map is now playable in custom matches.
- Added a new Cargo Depot.
- Dinoland in PUBG PC 7.1 is now used as an alternative to Dino Park.
- Abbey has been moved to Mount Kreznik
- Volnova now has much more snow cover
- Tovar and Movatra have been eliminated
The map selection options for every region are different to make sure that all players in all regions will have a healthy matchmaking experience. Wherever possible the developers want players to have the choice of choosing the map they want to play, but their priority is to make sure the matchmaking times are healthy.
AS, KR/JP, KAKAO, SEA, EU, RU: Full map selection, you can choose Vikendi or any other map you want to play.
NA: You can play on Vikendi through the featured map option, with all other PUBG maps that are in a different random map queue. PUBG Vikendi map is expected to be a featured map for 1-2 weeks, but the queue times will be watched closely and will come back to full random matchmaking earlier if queue times start to suffer.
OC/LATAM: Added PUBG Vikendi map to the random map pool, together with all other maps.
Survivor Pass: Cold Front
PUBG Survivor Pass: Cold Front is also updated with new missions, rewards, and glimpses into the ill-fated past of the island in this PUBG PC Update 7.1. Also, you can find plenty of Dinoland merch in the pass. You can even dress up yourself as the lovable Alex the T-Rex when doing the missions. There are more than 100 rewards to unlock, so now, collect the pass and turn this Dinoland place into the happiest place on Earth.
If you want to get access to new outfits in PUBG Season 7, you need to have Survivor Pass: Cold Front. The pass features various costumes, from Dinoland employee apparel and mascot costumes to other themed looks. When players work together, they can even unlock community rewards. So, you should stay on the lookout for data discs.
- Players can supply the community gauge to unlock videos and get community skin rewards.
- If you finish the community missions, you can unlock 1 video and 4 skins.
- To finish it, try to loot event items in public (normal) matches.
- The community mission gauge can be filled following the way like before:
- Disc piece: 1 point
- Broken disc: 2 points
- Old DVD: 3 points
- Your private contribution score will be shown on the Community Mission tab and you will obtain XP towards your Survivor Pass.
- 2000 XP per 50 points given.
- Season Missions have three tracks
- Every track will be launched monthly in April, May, and June.
- The locked tracks will display the time left before they are unlocked.
- When finishing Progression Missions, players can obtain big amounts of XPs.
- All players can access tracks 1 and 2. Each of them contains a set of 8 missions that grow in difficulty.
- Players that have Premium Pass can open track 3 and it features a set of 10 missions that grow in difficulty.
- When a set of the goal is obtained related to daily, weekly, and challenge missions, milestones will be completed.
- Example: Finish the total number of 50 missions.
- These are known as “Survival” Themed challenge missions.
- Challenge Missions contain 16 total missions. For every 4 missions you finish, you will get a Utility belt and Backpack skin as a reward.
Survival Title System
The Survival Title System is being delayed in this PUBG PC update to prepare a new system that will be added to the game in a forthcoming update together with the new Competitive Mode.
But, you don’t have to worry because you can still check out all of your accrued statistics in the Season tab and if you are qualified for rewards from PUBG Season 6 of the Survival Title System, you will get them as soon as this update comes to live servers.
- Eliminated the Overview and Leaderboard tabs of the Season menu.
- There will be a new Leaderboard with the release of Competitive Mode in a future update.
New Weapon: Mosin-Nagant
There is no denying that PUBG Weapons are diverse with a lot of powerful weapons to choose from. Weapon choice is something very important to players, but there is the problem of there being too much choice, especially when some few weapons are still the popular picks over everything else. The development team of PUBG PC wants to add brand new weapons to the game, but there is still a possibility for players not knowing which to pick. Due to this, they have made a decision on testing out the idea of shared stat weapons. For all aims and purposes, the new weapon Mosin-Nagin is a Kar98k. Its stats, attachments, ammunition, and other things are based on the Kar98k, but its look and sound are different. PUBG Vikendi and Erangel are the maps that have this Mosin-Nagant Sniper Rifle, but not in the same way as the developers have other weapons.
The new weapon in PUBG PC Patch Notes Update 7.1 – the Mosin is coded as its own weapon. Therefore, the developers could always change its stats in the forthcoming time to make it exclusive. However now, they want to test out this first. The developers want to hear your thoughts, so don’t forget to let them know.
Performance & Stability
There were some changes made to the performance and stability and those changes were applied to live servers on April 9 throughout maintenance.
- Strongly decreased the cases of hitching during gameplay. More optimizations will be made where possible.
- Made an optimization to the drop mesh of weapons and attachments in the world to decrease memory usage.
- Changed new blood effects back to the version that was used before PUBG PC Update 5.3 because of unresolved crashing issues.
- Changed blood effects back, including:
- General visual changes
- Environmental blood splatter
- There will be more different blood splatters for head and neck shots
- Changed blood effects back, including:
The first intention of the blood effect improvements was to give the same visual effects across all color modes and allow players to have quick information throughout combat situations from their shots and surrounding environments.
Nevertheless, a problem with game stability from the updated blood effect features has been confirmed. Although the developers are satisfied with the blood effect changes, giving smooth and stable gameplay will still be their number one priority. Hence, a hard decision has been made to roll back the blood effects to the old effects from before PUBG Patch 5.3.
You will be updated as soon as the improved blood effects are carried out again. For now, the developers want to apologize for any inconvenience caused by this decision.
Quality of Life Improvements
- While you are browsing other menus, you can cancel matchmaking.
- Made small changes to button placement and visuals.
- Already cleaned up network Debug UI to make it less intrusive while playing.
- You can default enable the debug information and you can disable it in the Gameplay tab of the Settings.
- Eliminate network indicator icons.
- Players who have recently left the match will now be shown by TDM match results.
- Now, the quantity button functions accurately when changing Blue Coupons to BP.
- Made a small change to Arcade matchmaking UI to make it more consistent with public matches.
- Made an improvement to TDM UI.
- There are no more decimal points from the scores for better readability.
- Two new PUBG weapons: Panzerfaust and Mosin-Nagant have been attached to Training Mode.
- The icon of Tommy Gun has been upgraded to reflect the rails that have been recently added.
Skin & Items
Added new skins to PUBG PC game through this latest update 7.1
- Dinoland T-shirts (Available April 22 until July 22)
- Labor Day skins (Available April 29 until May 27)
- Flying Chicken Neck Pillow
- “Baby Bear” Sleep Mask
- Sleep Mask
- Fixed an issue about crouching/standing repeatedly while ADS that would possibly make the animation transition stutter.
- Fixed an issue about there was no ADS transition animation while the Canted Sight was being used.
- Made a fix to an issue in which players would be capable of vaulting or using ledge-grab to clip through walls or ceilings of buildings.
- This issue was mended with weekly maintenance on April 9.
- Made a fix to the player’s view that would momentarily be hindered by any backpack while ADS in a Motor Glider.
- Made a fix to an issue in which players would be able to ADS shortly after going into the BRDM.
- Made a fix to an issue about when someone revives in FPP, the camera would sometimes be in the wrong position.
- Made a fix to an issue in which healing/boosting stopped the passenger of a buggy from turning accurately.
- Made a fix to an issue in which while going prone in TPP, players would be able to ADS to unintended angles without their lower body rotating.
- Made a fix to an issue in which players would be able to unintentionally use AR/DMR/SR in the Motorcycle’s rear seat.
- Made a fix to an issue in which characters would lean to the left while they were driving a Motorcycle after breaking destructible fences.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the camera of the player would detach from the character after they have reloaded a weapon while ADS in a Motor Glider.
- Made a fix to an issue in which players could fall to the ground and release effects in some cases while holding throwables without actually using the grenade.
- Made a fix to the Flare Gun that could float mid-air while looking at the sky and pressing the “Inspect” key.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the flames would not propagate on the ground below the point of collision when a Molotov was shot mid-air.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the throwable trajectory line would not align with the direction that the character was facing while in a vehicle.
- Made a fix to the body of the player that would be able to contort while aiming with a melee weapons while in a vehicle’s passenger seat.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the rear sight of Tommy Gun would disappear in some situations.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the footsteps that would be muffled after exiting a Motor Glider.
- Made a fix to an issue in which UMP-45 gunshots could be heard further away than intended.
- Made a fix to an issue in which the bullet ricochet sounds were not being played.
- Fixed an issue in which blank items could be sometimes shown in the inventory UI.
- Fixed an issue in which the current Season menu in the Career tab would not show the data of this season.
- Fixed an issue in which some BP items would seem to be purchasable when you don’t have enough BP to buy.
- Fixed an issue in which Red Dot and Holo Sights didn’t mention Tommy Gun under “Attachable Weapons”.
- Fixed an issue in which Team UI didn’t show accurately in observer mode while spectating a player after they had crashed.
- Fixed an issue in which when the player used a Flare Gun, the Special Care Package UI would not light up green in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in which DBS stats were not being recorded.
- Fixed an issue in which Win94 kills were being recorded under the DBS.
Skin & Item
- Fixed an issue in which Sunswiped Sports Jacket was clipping with other items.
Note: Since the replay system has been updated, you cannot play replays from former updates.